= Complete Version =
This version of the guide will show how to install a fully featured Mutable in a source code version of Unreal Engine.
1) Get a clean working copy of the matching Unreal Engine version, for example 4.24.3. Each release of Mutable targets a specific engine version. Follow the [[ https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/GettingStarted/DownloadingUnrealEngine/index.html | official instructions ]].
2) Download and apply the necessary engine patches. The patches can be downloaded on every platform download page. For example [[ https://work.anticto.com/w/mutable/unreal-engine-4/download-windows/ | this page is for Windows platform ]]. Access to some platforms may be restricted based on your license.
3) Build the new engine.
4) Create your project. You can do this by launching the editor in this working copy and creating a new project, or by using one of the demo projects distributed with Mutable.
5) Download and unzip the Mutable plugin in your project's Plugin folder
6) Enable the plugin in the editor. A restart of the editor will be necessary.
7) Open one of the example CustomizableObject assets, or create one following a tutorial.
= Simple Test Version =
It is possible to use Mutable with an unmodified Unreal Engine. However some features will not work, including:
* packaging projects
* high-performance runtime construction of instances.
However, it can be a fast and simple way to test some of the plugin features. Follow these steps for this set up: