Mutable is a character customization middleware integrated in Unreal Engine 4 as a plugin.
= Table of contents =
* Supported platforms
* Getting started
* Obtaining Mutable
* Artist documentation
* Technical documentation
* Using Mutable from C++
* Using Mutable from Blueprint
* Resource management and optimization
* Frequently Asked Questions
For some versions of the engine it also requires engine source code changes. This project also includes some demos to showcase the features and how to use them.
=== Village Demo ===
This demo shows how to create a complex model with a lot of customization options. It also shows how to use it to create a player customization lobby, game-designed created instances to placa in a level, and procedural instances created on the fly.
=== Cyborg Demo ===
This demo shows how to build a high-end 3D model with the best looking features.
= Getting Mutable for Unreal =
- The repository at [[https://github.com/anticto/UnrealEngine-Mutable|GitHub]] contains the engine modifications for each engine version (for instance: //4.24-EngineChanges//, or //master-EngineChanges//)
- The plugin can be obtained from R16
- The mutable runtime is already a submodule of the plugin repository, and it is stored in R3
- The demo source code and assets can be obtained from R17 and R18
- The demo art source assets are hosted in local SVN repositories at svn://anticto-nas.local/ue-cyborg-art and svn://anticto-nas.local/ue-village-art
=== Repository Structure ===
The project is split in several repositories: